The goals of this course are to:
- Consider financial issues that may arise when people separate. Examine how these issues affect each person, the children, if any, and the finances of the family overall.
- Discuss money management:
- Examine how to deal with net worth, discretionary spending, budgeting, managing debt, short and long term financial goals.
- Review the business relationship between separated partners and introduce effective strategies for communicating about financial matters.
- Provide information on how to separate the family finances, including dealing with child support, spousal support and property division.
- Discuss strategies for making financial agreements.
- Examine what to include in your financial agreements and how to formalize them.